Dealing with Complaints
Debt Support Service Ltd, is committed to providing products and services of the highest standard. By making ourselves aware of when you are not happy with the service we provide, it gives us the chance to fix the problem and thus improve the service for all.
Our Complaints Process
This document explains how to make a complaint if you are not happy with the service that Debt Support Service has provided you. Please try to follow the procedure as closely as possible so that we can resolve your complaint quickly and effectively.
Providing us with information of your complaint
Please supply us with the following information:-
- Full name and postcode.
- Your reference number.
- Description of complaint.
- Details of how you would like us to rectify situation.
What we will do
- The Complaints Officer / Senior Manager will investigate your complaint fully.
- Send you a ‘Summary Resolution Letter’ if your complaint is resolved to your satisfaction within 3 business days.
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing or via email if unresolved within 3 business days.
- Keep you updated with our progress.
- We aim to have the whole complaint resolved within six weeks.
- In the event that it takes longer than six weeks, we will write to you explaining what is happening, as well as give you an estimated time scale of when we feel we will have it completed.
- We will then send you a final response letter within eight weeks, upon completion of our investigation.
How to contact us
The Data Controller
Debt Support Service Ltd
8 Exchange Quay, Manchester,M5 3EJ
Tel: 0161 375 3328
What can I do if I am unhappy with your response?
If you are not satisfied with our final response, or eight weeks have passed since you first contacted us expressing your concerns, you can approach the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review your complaint.
The FOS provides customers with a free independent service for customers who are in dispute with financial establishments. However, the FOS will only deal with your complaint if you have given us the opportunity to put matters right.
How to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service
Post – The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.
Tel – 0800 023 4567 / Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk